Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm the luckiest person in the world....

why? because I got the dumbest cop in the world...

So I was driving home today from mom and dad's, and when I got about half way home I got pulled over. He tells me I'm going 63 in a 50 mph area... my bad... He asked me for my license and registration so I hand him my license and realize I have no idea where my registration is b/c I was driving my dad's car. I found in in the cup holder and handed it to him. He left to go do whatever it is cops do with that in his car, then came back a few minutes later to tell me that he was going to give me a ticket, but today is my lucky day. Seems he was out of ticket pads. I called dad to tell him what happened, and he said "I don't keep my registration in my cup holder." We start to wonder what I handed him. When I got home I looked at it closer. Turns out I handed him the expired registration and proof on insurance from David's pick-up. Least observant cop in the history of cops...

Dad wonders if he was only impersonating a police officer...

5 comments:

Berserk said...

I don't think I've ever written enough tickets that I run out of them before I have a chance to pick up another book. Dude must be a hard charger...

Good thing he didn't notice that your insurance was fake, or he probably would have called one of his partners to bring him their ticket book.

Scooter said...

hah- nice job pretending you hadn't heard that story before :)

Berserk said...

I do what I can.

Berserk said...

I think that Mom's latest traffic story tops yours.

Scooter said...

I haven't heard it.... what happened?