So relay for life is coming up pretty soon here, and most of my team has backed out. Jerks. If any of you feel like joining a team last minute, I could totally use the walkers...
in other news- I've been talking to my friend brooke a lot lately, and she's planning on going to Anaheim and doing a college program with Disneyland. I think I want to do that too... I know any of you who know much about my experience in FL must think I'm on crack and think that's a horrible idea, and to be honest, it may be... but I want to do it anyway... Sure is a good way to get out of my house :)
I don't really think I have any other news, it had just been a long time since I posted anything...
8 comments:
I'm still in yo, If you didn't know. I still need a ton of money though.
dude- at this point, I don't even care about the fundraising... do you think becca will do it?
so if you work at disneyland, do you still get the sweet hook-ups with disneyworld?
on a different note, i think you should do it. not every experience is a bad one, and you might end up having a lot of fun.
i highly recommend a self-defense class, though.
Yeah I would have all the sweet disney hook-ups in FL as well as Cali... a self defense class would be good... maybe david or berserk have a few pointers as well?
I started the application process today, but I can't call and schedule an appt. till tomorrow morning or monday some time...
Pointers....
-If anyone says to hold your keys in between your fingers & punch someone that way, ignore everything else that person ever says on the topic of self defense. That's a stupid idea. Better off to carry pepper spray (just be aware it can be used against you, and it's really just a way to buy yourself some time to run). I wouldn't recommend any lethal weapons (like guns & knives), because it takes a certain type of person to use them.
-You don't know how to punch, so don't try. Instead, hit with your elbows, knees, or the bottom of your fist (like you would if you were pounding on a table). You'll generate a lot more power with those strikes.
-For you, winning a fight means getting away. Unless you do a lot of training, you're not actually going to be able to beat up the kind of thug that you are worried about. If you do hit someone, then don't stick around to finish the job. Get the hell out of Dodge.
-A self defense course is a nice idea, but a regular workout routine is much better idea.
I've heard that key thing before and have thought if I was that close to someone it's not really going to make much of a difference as to whether I have my keys in between my fingers or not... I'd still just knee them in the groin and run.... My roommate tried to convince me that that was the safest thing to do, also she said that Having a ponytail in your hair makes you a more suseptible victim because guys can use it as a handle bar... I told her she was full of shit. she didn't take that too well... go figure...
If you're in Disney Land, maybe I can come visit!
that'd be fun!!
Post a Comment