Thursday, June 5, 2008

the marijuana story...

first to berserk- I'm kind of surprised I brought this up too... true to form though, no one knew about it but you and chaelomen...

okay so I guess it was about 4 months ago now, some friends from work were all getting together for a goodbye party for one of the Hostesses who was moving that week. The girl throwing the party, Megan, was in a pretty bad relationship. Very Abusive guy, alcoholic- the works. So I got there and Megan was already pretty drunk when Joe came in. (Joe being her boyfriend) Joe was clearly pissed off about something, apparently he had threatened to beat Megan up right before I had gotten there if she didn't give him his car keys. He was plastered-- had absolutely no right to be driving. Megan didn't give him the keys, but he kind of ripped them out of her hand. Right after I got there he stole her car and totaled it in the parking lot right next to their apartment. He drove the car home and came inside the apartment and went to bed. A few minutes later the cops showed up. Someone had called in the accident and they came over to find out whose car was totaled and to find out who was driving. Once the cops came Megan, Audra (the girl who was moving) and I all stayed outside pretty much the rest of the night. Megan b/c it was her house, and me and Audra b/c we were the only ones who were sober.

which brings me to the marijuana...

While all of us were in the front yard talking to the cops, directly up wind of us was one of the hosts smoking marijuana. The cop pretended not to notice... but it was pretty obvious... One of the bartenders went outside to get the who was smoking to come inside so the smell wouldn't be so obvious. When the cops left Megan, Audra and I all went back inside and tried to calm Megan down a bit. I got a bit of second-hand smoke off of the guy who was smoking and the next morning I took a shower but couldn't get the smell out of my hair, but even worse no matter how much I brushed my teeth I couldn't get the taste out, and every time I coughed (or breathed) it'd come back full-force.... yep... I went to church like this... the bishop had a chat with me... when I told him what actually happened he just laughed and told me to let him know if Megan needed any help... good times...

2 comments:

sukie said...

That's like the cutest accidental-smoking-marijuana-story I've heard!

Berserk said...

I know, isn't it?