seems I've been MIA for a while now... I'm back now- no worries.
so much has happened in the last couple of weeks, I don't even know where to start.
School started 2 weeks ago. My schedule was a nightmare... I work all day Monday and Friday, go to school from 9:30-8 Tuesday and Thursday, had doctors appointments Wednesday morning and work Wednesday night... nightmare... so I rearranged it a little bit... Now on Tuesday Thursday I start at 11 and go to 8. Still a long day, but not as bad.... I had to drop one of my English classes anyways. It seemed interesting enough, but it was sooo much work. It was Lit by and about women, and the books our teacher had us buy all seem interesting enough, but there were a lot of them... I bought 8 and still had a few more to buy... basically the class involved reading a novel and writing a 3-5 page paper on it every week. Somewhere in there you also need to write a 10-15 page paper on a book of your choice, but she recommends Jane Eyre. The work load is do-able, but only if school is the only thing you have going on in life.... I have other things going on so I dropped it and picked up sociology instead. Hopefully it goes better for me.
Last week I had a fleeting romance... not fleeting enough...
I went on this date with a guy I'll call JC. JC is a nice guy, and up until our date and the following days I thought he was fairly normal. Our first date went well enough... the next day he asks me if I want to go for a walk when I get home from work, so we go and we talk about the night before. I ended up telling him that I just needed to take things really slow... he says that's fine... then he told me he wants me to meet his family. I start thinking "that's the opposite of going slow... awesome... don't want to do this..." so I dance around that a little and he drops it... the next day he calls me and asks me if I want to go to Mexico with him. I thought he was joking. I thought he was making a very awkward joke. He wasn't. He was totally serious.... I told him no and he told me to think about it and get back to him by Christmas. JC told me that he didn't think I'd go- he said I seem like the kind of girl who needs to get to know people better before I take vacations with them... what other kind of girl is there?? Weird....
So I talked to my roommates about it and all of them are telling me that this all sounds totally normal to them... I can write off everything he did as awkward and probably didn't come out the way he meant it to, but I don't care! Even if he didn't mean it the way it came out it was still weird... and not normal... Camilla told me that all the guys she dates jokes around with her about getting married and going on vacations and meeting his family and crap like that... but those are guys she is actually dating, not guys she went on ONE date with. Anyways- I talked to JC and I told him it's best if we just stay friends.... my roommates were not happy with me...
by the way- there are a lot of details from the JC Chronicles that I left out.... I don't know how strange it all sounded here, but rest assured it was very strange. anyone who wants the full story need only IM/call me and I tell you....
6 comments:
Always always follow your gut. If he seemed weird to you, he IS weird. You did the right thing.
Love you!
Mom
JC sounds like and interesting guy! Fun stuff. Definitely better to get out early then to get trapped into the crazy routine :)
he sounds like a really goosby.
he was totally goosby.
Ha, "not fleeting enough," I love it! I don't know what kind of "normal" guys your roommates date, but the dude sounds like a freak. He really reminds me of a guy I know who was always talking about getting married, and had some creepy weird obsessions with the few girls who did go out with him a couple times. Then he blamed them for the fact that no one else would date him. If JC is at all like this guy, you should stay clear and watch out for him in the future.
that guy sounds totally nuts, well maybe not totally, but at the very least mostly nuts. Always remember, just because everyone else is dating crazy, doesn't mean you should date crazy too.
Post a Comment