Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 already?

people keep talking to me about some month called "December." Yeah.... I don't think I've heard of it... sounds made up to me.

Dad and I went to court for that total crap speeding ticket I got. The Prosecutor said we could fight it if we wanted to, but she's never lost a case like this before, and regardless of whether or not I'm charged for the same offense the fine would be the same. So we paid it, and by 'we' I mean 'dad'. Thanks for that papa- I was able to pay my rent by myself this month, but I wouldn't have if I paid that ticket.

I've made a few goals, and being that it's the beginning of the year I guess you could call them New Years Resolutions. You COULD call them that, but I don't. I'd like to call them "I'm no longer crazy depressed and to prove it I'm going to do something with my life goals," but for short INLCDATPIIGTDSWMLG. yep. that's a good little nickname.

so anyways- my goals. First- Everyone in my house (myself included) are having financial problems, so to try and help this we're all trying to not eat out. I'm not really planning on cutting it out completely because if I did I wouldn't ever eat, but I am cutting it down a lot. maybe 2 times a month. that seems like a good amount.

second- totally cliche, but I want to get into better shape. I went to the doctor the other day and was distraught to find out that I had gained 10 pounds since the last time I went in however long ago that was. Camilla and I were talking about taking some fitness classes together at the local gym/ community college. I've started doing Pilates. I used to say that I really hated pilates, but I realized I've never really given it a fair try. I'm really liking it. I was surprised, but I actually really like pilates.

third- I'm moving on from my past and letting go of things. Some of you know I've started EMDR. For those of you who haven't heard of EMDR, here's a quick little video that I thought was kind of interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBtqWrs2-K0

I'm probably not going to be talking much about the EMDR here, or really anywhere else.... let's just say it's hard and I'm not sure I like it.... but thats really all I ever want to talk about it.

okay- so there are my INLCDATPIIGTDSWMLGs. Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Shinobi said...

Pilates comes highly recomended by Hulk Hogan, just don't let his wife and daughter know he's doing it.

Carolyn said...

haha, hulk hogan doing pilates is a funny mental image... although pilates is HARD!!

Scooter said...

oh hulk hogan... you amaze me more everyday...

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for nice dad's!!! Mine helps me a lot, since hubby is deployed! Have a good day!