Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Layoffs :(

according to forbes.com there have been 337,625 since Nov.1 2008. Holy crap. 138,152 of those were in January alone.

also- check this out... http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/01/27/ap5972615.html

It blows my mind that the job market is so tight everywhere else, and yet totally open here in ghetto-town. I actually have 2 job interviews this week. Hopefully I get the one tomorrow and not the one on thursday, but honestly I'd be okay with either one... something to supplement my income :)

4 comments:

Susie said...

337,625 what? Job layoffs?

Love you.

Mom

Scooter said...

heh... yeah... did I not actually say that? my bad... 337,625 job layoffs since november :)

Carolyn said...

that's crazy.

TheWizard said...

It will be interesting to see how the job market develops. There was a story on NPR today about Keynesian economics - the government trying to spend its way out of a recession.

Twenty or thirty years ago, they'd pretty much given up on that approach and gone to the central bank adjusting rates. But since mid December when the rate was lowered to near 0, there hasn't been any room left to adjust downward.