Today I remodeled my kitchen!!
Sam and I live in a house built in the early 1900s, and the previous (and original) owner was his late grandmother. Sam's dad is letting us live in the house rent free while sam is in school. Pretty sweet deal. Only problem is, it's still decorated the way Sam's grandma had it decorated. Today we went to Ross and bought a bunch of stuff to remodel it. I didn't take any before pictures, but suffice it to say, the decorations were not pretty. They weren't ugly- they were just so old! the curtains around the window were made of lace and completely covered 2 walls, and there were roosters and chickens everywhere. I only really redid the dining area today, and I think I'll do more in the next couple weekends, but I felt pretty accomplished for how much I DID do :)
In the future, I want to get rid of the strawberry wallpaper and paint the walls. I'm sure if I do that all, pictures of that will follow :)
3 comments:
side note- I accidentally selected that one picture of the kitchen twice, and I can't figure out how to delete it... anyone know?
Nope. Not a lot of pictures on my blog. :)
I remember removing the stifling decorations when we moved in to our current house. Andrea's grandparents were such great people, but damn. :) I think I threw away several sets of shower curtains (for a shower that already has a door), and at least one set of extra drapes per room.
I don't understand that! we have a shower door downstairs, and yet when we moved in we had hand sewn shower curtains.
Post a Comment