Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bad news

So I went to the doctor last week. I've been having some severe lower back/ abdomen pain. I was hoping it was just an Ovarian Cyst, or maybe some Uterine Cysts... weird thing to hope for, I know. Those can be treated though.

Nope- turns out what I've been saying for the last couple years is true. I have Endometriosis. I don't know why I took the news so hard, but I did. I took it really really hard. It's not like I didn't already suspect it, or that I wasn't trying to prepare myself for the news, but i took it really really hard. After crying pretty much nonstop for about 2 days I started calming down a little. I wouldn't really say I've come to peace with it, but I know there's nothing I can do to get rid of the diagnosis, so I might as well try to function with it.

I start treatment probably next week or the week after. At this point, treatment will involve getting shots about once a month to suppress hormone production in my body. I'll begin to go through early Menopause and have all the fun associated with that. I figure I'll be pretty worked up and crazy for the next 6 months, and that prompted the layout change. Hopefully I'll come to find some kind of humor in being a 23 year old girl going through menopause and post about it. Otherwise, I'll be crazy and depressed. Either way- I'm anticipating crazy.

5 comments:

Susie said...

For all your telling yourself what you suspected, you can't have been all that prepared for an actual diagnosis. But at least they can treat it. And it's better than the debilitating pain you've been going through every month for the last several years. I love you, and I wish you didn't have this, but I'm glad the mystery is over and you can begin to deal with it.

Mom

Berserk said...

Hope your treatment goes well.

Scooter said...

mom- It's better than the debilitating pain, but i'm kind of worried I'll have that anyways..

Jason- Thanks- me too :)

sukie said...

If you're ever depressed call me we can chat and I can make you feel ooey-gooey!

Scooter said...

thanks amy- I will :)