Saturday, March 15, 2008

catering

So last semester when I started school up the restaurant cut my hours almost in half because my availability was so bad. Then I dropped out though, so I got all my hours back and I was fine. This semester when I went back I figured the restaurant would cut my hours again, so I was proactive in the matter and got a second job with the university. Turns out though by taking a semester and working only I made myself into a bit of a staple waitress and when I went back to school my hours weren't cut at all, so now I find myself working 40-50 hours (at least) a week at the restaurant, going to school full time, and then working for catering when the schedule me, normally about 8 hours a week at about 6 am... pretty overwhelming. The only reason I hadn't quit the second job was because I felt so bad about it- my boss is really nice, totally willing to work with your schedule, and I really hadn't worked there very long.

Yeah- I got over all that. I gave my two weeks notice today. The work load is killing me! Last Thursday I worked a straight 13 hours! On Friday I worked at 6am for catering, worked until class at 11, went to class, got home about 12 and died on my couch. I didn't wake up until about 5:30 when my boss from the restaurant called me to ask me if I was okay b/c I was 30 mins late to work... I went in and everything was fine. It was then that I decided the $50 I make at catering a month reeeaaallly isn't worth it....

3 comments:

Berserk said...

All that for $50 a month? That's dedication.

Scooter said...

it's a minimum wage paying job... and I really don't work there too often... often enough that I know I hate it there though

Carolyn said...

hah, not worth it at all.