http://www.medievalmoccasins.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MM&Category_Code=OTS
http://www.renstore.com/ItemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=CHI1055&eq=&MatrixType=1
for those of you who haven't seen it, there's a picture of my dress and now the shoes... pretty....
Last friday I went out to eat with my old roommate. I actually already wrote about part of the day, we went out to eat right after she told me I looked dead. I haven't been working a lot lately, so I was kind of reluctant to go out, but she really wanted to go and offered to pay for me so I went. I'm really not one to turn down free food...
First we sit down, the waiter comes over and asks us what we'd like to drink. I was about to say that I just wanted water, when my old roommate says that we'd like two waters and two shirley temples. He says okay, walks away and she turns to me and says "hope you like shirley temples!" just fyi- I don't.... sprite is the drink I drink when I'm sick, so when I'm healthy I don't really like it... then she turns to me and says "what appetizer do you want?" I told her I was fine without one, but she insists that I either pick option A or option B. I say okay... uh... option B. The waiter comes back with our drinks, and she orders option A. I was fine with either, but I still thought it was strange... At this point I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be allowed to even my own food, so when the waiter asked what we wanted I wasn't sure if I should talk... I did order what I actually wanted, my old roommate ordered her second choice because they didn't have her favorite thing anymore (and they hadn't for at least 2 years) and she starts to pout because we went to this restaurant when they didn't even have anything that she liked. I should point out that when she asked me where I wanted to go I said "I don't care- you can pick. I'm not at all picky. I have no preference. Where ever you want to go (et cetra)." Anyways- the food comes out and the waiter says something along the lines of "looks like you need more bread sticks, I'll be right back" My old roommate thinks that the waiter just called us pigs for finishing off the first thing of bread sticks. He brings us more, and she gets progressively meaner to him- he hasn't actually done anything wrong though, so I'm getting more uncomfortable because I feel bad for him. The rest of the meal passes by, my old roommate decides to eat some of my food. At this point I decide to just let her- she paid for it, so I'm not out anything... it's just not really a social norm... and it's annoying, but whatever- let her do it.... The waiter came over, tried to talk us up a bit hoping to save his tip (mind you- if ANYONE ELSE had paid he wouldn't have had anything to worry about) dropped off the check- we paid and left. When we got outside my old roommate told me that she thought our waiter was really weird and she didn't tip him very good. An extremely good tip for this girl is about 15% so her saying she didn't tip well means she left about 5% or less. I was pretty pissed.
We got into the car and she starts out by saying "you know where else they have bad service? the armadillo! Yeah I'm never eating there again!!" I asked her what happened there, and basically she said they potion sizes were to small and they were overpriced. She said that she and her mom had eaten there and they ended up yelling at the waitress and they wouldn't even give her a discount on the food. So basically- you yelled at the peon of the company for something corporate controls. Pretty much you just killed the messenger... also you're going to stop eating in your favorite restaurant because one night you had a 'bad' experience? She then *tried to* forbid me from eating there again...
...I never really eat there anyways, but maybe I'll start.
10 comments:
just a quick note on that dress- the one I have is dark pink on top and light pink on the bottom... it just keeps getting better!
ok, those shoes are AWESOME! totally not unisex, though. Unless you're a girly man.
I hope they're comfortable. hee hee...
oh, and is this the same old room mate that you almost installed a car stereo with the other day?
I was going to point out the exact same thing about the shoes. Nothing unisex about them.
Your ex-roommate sounds like a real charmer. Can't imagine why you wouldn't still live with her. ;)
I know right! why would I ever leave such a lovely living situation? people wonder why I moved to Florida... same roommate as the car stereo. oy! fun day!
Reading that those shoes were supposed to be unisex was probably one of the funniest moments of my week... I can't even picture a guy wearing those! (At least one that's not a transvestite) The bride wants to get a pair of them too, only she wants hers to be made into 4 inch heels- I can't even imagine what that would look like...
No way! I have those exact shoes!
The dress wasn't showing up though, but it sounds like one I used to have.
huh... good to know...
yeah, that's my husband. I wear the pants in THIS family..
Is this the same roommate that said you looked dead?
yep.... charming girl
Post a Comment