Monday, March 17, 2008

my near death experience

Today I had to go into work to get my work schedule and when I got home I sat in my car for a second to look through it and plan out my week. I eventually got out of the car and went up to my house- I should tell you that I was the only one home... that's kind of an important point in the story...

So I was on the phone with Bridget and I suddenly heard this really loud sound coming from my basement and the floors kind of shook a little bit. I told her it sounded like something exploded in my basement. I was hoping the sound came from outside so I looked out the window and saw an extension cord going around my house.I was a bit confused, and I went outside (the front door) to follow the cord and found it going around my house (I still don't know what the cord is doing there). As I was following the cord I came upon something that caused me to panic -- THE BACK DOOR WAS OPEN!!!

Okay- so at this point I've gone beyond panicking and tell Bridget that I have to go! I went over to my landlords house and his wife opens the door. She asks me what's wrong, and I tell her, "there's someone in my house!" She started to laugh and said that her husband is over there fixing a leak we have in our pipes. She said he knocked a few times, but no one was home so he let himself in to fix it.

I nearly had a heart attack... he scared me so much!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

did you faint at the sight of a 90 lb girl?

If not, you should have.

Scooter said...

no emily wasn't there.... otherwise I might have...

this was a more reasonable freak-out though! there was actually someone in my house!

Scooter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berserk said...

lol!

Carolyn said...

Yes, definitely more reasonable. You should tell the story about Emily, though, for those who haven't heard it. :)

Scooter said...

oy! okay...