Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Job!

Okay... today I'll start my month for real :)

So I started a new job about a month ago. I graduated in Oct, and happened to find a brand new practice looking to hire a new grad MA ASAP. Only job ever where experience isn't necessarily a good thing. I've been doing mostly admin work for the last month. It's all been really easy stuff- and I've been able to do it all pretty quickly up until yesterday when our Electronic Medical Records (henceforth refered to as EMR) decided to crap out on us and randomly start to delete old chart notes. So I spent 6 hours doing what normally takes me 1 hour. I had to go though everyone's chart and all our old schedule to figure out which soapnotes were missing, and compile a large list. Right now we've worked it out so we're only missing about a dozen notes... A DOZEN!!! That's so many!!! AND WE WORKED IT DOWN TO THAT!!!!! Needless to say, it's been a huge headache, but i think we've finally gotten a handle on the situation. Luckily, all the missing notes were backed up on a seperate EMR, so nothing was lost permanently. Unluckily, our EMR isn't the greatest at uploading new notes... We contacted our host, and they said we have an update scheduled on Thursday that will probably work out all the kinks in our EMR and save me from wasting so much time trying to find old notes.

Otherwise, things are going good... betty's still having accidents though, so we're still trying to figure out why she's being so annoying and peeing everywhere. Stupid dog anxiety.... Good thing she's cute....

2 comments:

Shinobi said...

Congrats on graduating and the new job!!

sukie said...

New job = awesome!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!